About Parks & Recreation
History of the Parks & Recreation Department
The present day Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department evolved from The Lincolnwood Day Association, a non-profit organization which began to acquire land to build a network of neighborhood playgrounds in Lincolnwood. In 1955 a Parks and Recreation Board was created to establish, maintain, and conduct recreation programs. Since that time, the name was changed to the Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department.
The Department has grown to include management of 13 parks, an aquatics center, and a 5,038 square foot community center. The Parks and Recreation Department relies heavily on partnerships with the school district and area businesses and community groups to fulfill the recreation needs of its residents. The Department now offers a wide variety of programs and events including aquatics, seniors, summer camps, fitness, after school programs, athletics, outdoor recreation and special events.
Mission and Vision Statements
Mission Statement: The Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department is committed to providing enjoyable quality programs and attractive, safe facilities to promote the health, welfare and pleasure of all the residents of Lincolnwood.
Vision Statement: It is the vision of the Parks and Recreation Department of the Village of Lincolnwood to promote a feeling of community among all the diverse residents with a wide range of quality recreational programs and facilities to meet their needs.
We are happy to invite businesses and organizations to partner with us to sponsor our events throughout the year. Learn more on the Parks and Recreation Sponsorship Opportunities page.