The Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club (LLSC) and training camp is a competitive swim program for ages 6 through 18. This twelve-week summer program begins May 19th will provide fun and challenging training for all levels from Novice to Advanced Competitive at our 50-meter long course facility! Training ranges from four hours (Novice) to twelve hours (Advanced and High School) weekly with additional Inter-squad and Northern Illinois Swim Conference meets.
Lincolnwood Lightning is not a learn-to-swim program and all new Novice and returning Novice members must be able to swim at least 25 meters unassisted in deep water and complete a one hour group tryout practice.
Coach Lance Grossman
The team is staffed by experienced USA Swimming certified coaches and assistants. Many of our coaches and assistants have been involved with Lincolnwood Lightning for several years. The team is led by Head Coach Lance Grossman.
Head Coach Lance has coached swimming for over twenty-five years at club and high school levels and has assisted the Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club for fifteen years. He has also been an assistant for the Lane Tech High School's Girls' Swim Team over the last eight years. While serving as Interim Head Coach last year, the team won their ninth city title in ten years and ranked twentieth in Illinois. Coach Lance has also served as the Head Coach at Iguanas Swim Club for the last eleven years and recently retired from Chicago Fire Department.
Pre-Registration Meeting & Information
There is a mandatory parent/guardian informational meeting via Zoom on April 14 at 6 pm. Please mark your calendars for this meeting now if you plan on registering for Lincolnwood Lightning and register before April 14. If this date has passed and you still want to sign up for swim team, we've got you covered! Another informational meeting will soon be scheduled on a date in early-May to accommodate swimmers who join or learn about the team after April 14.
- No refunds are issued for swim team after the start of the season
- All participants not currently on a year-round competitive swim teams must attend a tryout practice:
- 6 to 10 year olds: May 17 at 5 pm
- 11 to 18 year olds: May 18 at 5 pm
- Practices are scheduled to begin May 19; please double check the swim team website prior to attending for weather and pool updates
- Fees include meets, training, a team cap and t-shirt. Optional gear is available at the Lincolnwood Lightning website.
- The practice schedule and explanation of practice groups are available at the Lincolnwood Lightning website.
- For the latest Lincolnwood Lightning information, always check the Lincolnwood Lightning website, or email Coach Lance.
- Register online for Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club
- New swimmer: 206610.A
- Returning swimmer: 206610.B
- You may also register in-person at the Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Office (6900 N Lincoln Avenue) Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
|Fee Type||First Child||Second Child||Each Additional Child|
Competitive Swimming Practice Groups
- Level 1: Novice. These swimmers can swim at least 25 meters in deep water unassisted, have a strong flutter kick technique and some rotary breathing skills. Level one swimmers will refine their Freestyle and Backstrokes, learn the Breaststroke, Butterfly, racing starts and turns while swimming up to a mile or more in late-season practices.
- Level 2: Developing. These swimmers have at least two years of competitive swim team experience and will refine techniques and competitive skills with a much greater conditioning component. This group will start with training sessions of at least 2,000 meters in an hour.
- Level 3: High School/Advanced. This will be challenging training geared for swimmers age twelve and up that have at least four years competitive experience. These swimmers are training for high school teams or are swimming at regional and state age group levels. Sessions will include swimming over 4,000 meters during 1.5 hour practices.
Season practice schedules can be found at the Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Team website.