Picnic permits go on sale for the upcoming year starting in April. Lincolnwood residents can make reservations starting on April 1st at 9 am and non-residents can make reservations starting May 1st. Reservations are based on a first come, first serve basis. COVID-19 guidelines have been put into place to ensure the safety of all participants. Rentals are available May 1 through October 31. Reservations can take place on Saturdays and Sundays 9 am to 10 pm and weeknights after Village programming. Only one rental per day is permitted.
Picnic Permit Rules
In addition to Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department ordinances, and Village codes, the following rules apply:
- The contact person listed on the picnic permit must carry a copy of the permit at all times when using the facility.
- A picnic permit is required for groups larger than 15 people.
- Picnics may take place between the hours of 9 am and 10 pm.
- The contact person listed on the permit is responsible for ensuring that all rules and ordinances governing the use of park facilities are followed when using the facility.
- The proposed activity or use of the park may not unreasonably interfere with or detract from the general public enjoyment of the park.
- A $250 security deposit is due when reserving the facility. The deposit will be forfeited, and additional fees may be charged if the facility is damaged, requires excessive cleanup, or is used in excess of the permitted time.
- An 10% administrative fee is charged to cancel or change a contract. A cancellation must be rec
- eived in writing 21 days before the reserved date. If a rental is canceled or reduced 20 days or less before the scheduled date, a 50% refund less a 10% administrative fee will be issued. If inclement weather conditions result in the cancellation of an outdoor facility, a request for a refund must be received within five business days of the event.
- A park permit may be revoked at any time by the Parks and Recreation Department or a member of the Park Patrol for violation of any provisions of the Village Code, including an activity which in its performance is carried out in such a way as to no longer comply with the standards set forth in the Village Code or contrary to statements made in the park permit application.
- Grilling is allowed only with on-site Park Department grills.
- Smoking, gambling, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Alcoholic beverages are only permitted with a special permit at the Lincolnwood Community Center.
- Rentals will not be issued to a group or individual who will charge admission or fees for private monetary gain unless written permission is given.
- No person shall buy or sell, offer to buy or sell property, or collect money or property of value in the park system. The posting of advertisements for any product or service is not allowed.
Proesel Park Picnic Shelter
- Available: May through October
- Limited to 150 Guests
- Resident: $235
- Non-Resident: $294
- $250 Security Deposit Hold